Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I can see the difference!!!

Why kids are different here in America compared to other countries? " THAT KID IS WESTERNIZE". I heard this comment often from people in my country when they see some kids who are outspoken, they would say, he/she is Westernize. Why? what is the difference? Well, I have seen it.. how and why.

Most common reasons is that.... it is against the law to smack the child when he made mistake. It is against the law to impose disciplinary actions because the kids will report to the police that they are victims of child abuse. You can not raise your voice to your kids for they will retaliate and will give you a hard time then they will call 911.. LOL..

It is not easy to raise kids in America specially in training them. Much more that all parents are busy with their jobs, they have no time for their kids and most often, kids are with baby sitters or they will be in day care together with other kids who are hard to deal with.

Thinking about this situation, I am hesitant to work as a teacher here in America.. hahaha I keep on thinking about the scenario that would happen when I will be in the classroom. Kids here in America are different from kids in my country. In up bringing, in culture and everything. There are lots of emotional problems here than in my country. But then, I come across a book which is helpful to parents and teachers. There are tips and guides on parenting. Libraries in schools must obtain a copy of this too, and much more important, parents must have a copy of this. If you are not a parent, you can give this as a gift to friends who are parents or becoming parents. This would be a helpful tool specially to new parents. Check out here.

It is a fact that the young generations are will be the pillars of our society in the future. So it is important that parents and teachers would help mold the right attitudes of kids.

No comments: