Friday, June 19, 2009

Giving stuff to Homeless Facility

I was shocked to know that here in America, there are people who are homeless. I said to myself when my friend told me about it, REALLY? I thought only in the 3rd world country where you can find people who are homeless. I am so curious about why there are homeless here? My friend said that, some of them lost their homes due to calamities, and others they are drug addicts and others have lost their jobs and they can not afford to pay their house or even to rent one.

Well, everywhere is like that I think. Then, I am just wondering where are they staying at day time because the homeless shelter will let them stay at night only so that they have place to sleep. My friend said that they will just roam around the street bringing their bags with them. Oh what? I did not see any, like what I will always see in Philippines. Everywhere there are people asking for money, going around everywhere but here in America, they have facilities who will provide food for the homeless. There are soup kitchen where people can just go there to eat for free.

Yesterday, I went with my friend to the home shelters delivering stuff for the homeless people who are there. We give them more than a hundred individual packs of goods ready to use. We've got these from donations in the church. Oh wow!! I am wishing there are some things like these for the people in my country who are just staying in the street and no place to go and no food to eat. I did not hear of any shelters there except the DSWD which is also full of people who are needy and that they government is also categorizing of whom they are going to accept there. But in America, there are lots of private facilities as well as government facilities which will help people. And there are many also who are willing to donate food and clothing to those who need it. Well, the needy in United states are still better and well provided compared to those who are in other countries.

No comments: