Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Nursing home ministry

Oh!! well, in the last few weeks I am too occupied with many things and am glad I was. My friend pick me up every Tuesday and we visit some nursing home facilities. We sing songs for the the people there and we brought them some food to eat too. I feel pity with these people because some of them are sick. Most that I meet are old people. Oh!! my... in my country, our old folks will e taken care of by their children. But here in America? most of the old and sick people are staying in the nursing homes. Their children are too busy to take care of them. But in the Philippines? that is very unusual. Our old people are staying in our homes and well taken care of by us. We don't want to be away from them when they are old and sick. We want to personally take care of them. It is really different when other people will take care of our old. They don;t have the compassion that we have for them.

I have a friend who said, " I don't want to grow old in America" LOL.. He said that because he had seen the situations of the old here. Very lonely, No families around, as if no body cares except the nurses and CNA"s who are paid to do the job. When I look at these people I feel sad for them. It is very awful. I could see the smile on their face when somebody visits them and pray for them. Isn't it wonderful to witness and share the love of God to these hopeless and lonely people? This is the most reason why I am inactive in here because of my busy schedule.

Anyway, am here now to share my whereabouts for the past weeks. We don't have nursing homes in the Philippines so, then it is an interesting thing for me to be involved in this kind of ministry.

No comments: