Thursday, January 22, 2009

Adjusting to American food

Adjusting to American food is really hard. There are many Filipinos here who are not eating the American food. They will cook the food that they used to eat in the Philippines like, fish tinola, fried fish, salted fish, dried fish, etc. In my case, I can't do that unless I am alone in the house. My husband is a vegetarian and I don't want to offend him eating meat or fish with him though he said I can eat what I want but I preferred not to when he is around. I have to eat the American food and practice preparing that kind of food because I am already here. In my first taste of the salad, I can not stand it. I used to eat blanched salad so, their fresh salad doesn't appeal to me. I used soy sauce for my salad plus fresh tomatoes and Onions but theirs, they used salad dressings of different flavors I never tasted before. It took me several months to be used to that kind of salad. Their spaghetti doesn't appeal to me either, I don't like the way they made it but that is what my husband used to eat so, I have to prepare it for him and I also practice eating the same. I have no idea of cooking American food but I ask from friends and search on the net. I used to eat rice 3 times a day but now, I only have rice maybe 3-4 times a month. I usually eat toast in the morning, which I never did before,, Lol and then anything I can get for lunch will do for me since I am alone at day time. At night, I have to prepare dinner so, I will make potato casserole, beans, pasta, etc, Well, I still missed the rice and the fish tinola but
I am not craving now like others do. Though I am still adjusting to American food but I can live with it now.

No comments: