Thursday, January 22, 2009

Taking the learner's permit to drive

I was encouraged by friends to get a learner's permit so that I can start driving on the road not on the driveway only. Lol. So, I studied the driver's manual. Do you believe that when you re not interested in that certain thing, you are having a hard time understanding it? I do believe on that.
I am not really interested to be a driver. I maybe just forced by circumstance. It is a neccesity because no one will take me to the place where I want to go if I can't drive. My husband has to go to work. He can not take me anywhere I want at anytime and there is no available passenger vehicle in our area. I hate to think about driving but I have to do it. So, I studied and took the exam. Oh my!!! I failed. Lol.. I mastered all the traffic signs but don't know about the driving skills. All the questions on the written exam were about what to do when you are driving.. Like when you are driving down hill what gear you use, when you skidded on the road, etc. I can not remember all those things and what to do. All are found in the driver's manual but I did not pay attention to it. That was it. I failed but the good thing is you can retake as many times as you can until you pass. No payment until you will pass then they will issue your card and that's the time you will pay. I reviewed the manual and put everything into my head and retake the following day. Thanks I made it and I was issued a card. But then, I am still scared to drive on the road. I practiced several times on the back road and even drive going to Walmart just once. Lol..My permit is about to expire now but still I have no guts to get my license. It is really a dilemma for me. I hope I can make it in due time.

No comments: