Thursday, January 22, 2009

Winter is not Fun for me

While most people really like winter time because they want to play in the snow, skiing, making snow balls, skating in the snow but for me it is the most uncomfortable weather of the year. Well, I don't know anything about skating or skiing so, it's no fun for me when winter comes. Oh yes, I love to see the snow, I like to watch the snow falls but I don't like the cold. I have to use 3 layers of coat when I will be out from the house. I am living in the state where snow is not that heavy and the temperature is not so low but still I am not used to that type of weather. We seldom have temperature below 10 degrees. We are always in 20 below or above. Unlike the other states? they usually have below zero temperature and they have to shovel the snow in their yard. Too much expense plus the oil for heater and electricity bills are increasing every winter. I never experience thick snow here in my place. We only have snow 2-3 times during winter and is not that bad. We only have 3 inches and that's it. But it is really cold for me. Good that we used wood stove to heat our house so we were able to cut down electricity bills and oil expense for the heater. But still I am not comfortable with the cold. When I saw winter and the snow time in movies I thought it is fun but when I experience it myself, I keep on hoping it will end soon. It is not fun!! cold... cold... cold...

No comments: