Friday, January 23, 2009

Searching for Jobs

Job searching is not an easy game for me. One thing I have in mind is communication barrier. Hey!! this is America and everybody speaks English too fast I can not understand what they are talking about. I am hesitant to call the number for job vacancy, afraid that I might not be able to grasp every word or instructions they will give me. Well, I can understand English and can speak it too but it's hard to catch up what people had said when they talk so fast and could hardly be understood. Their accent is different from mine. What I did was to apply on line. I submit my resume for some job vacancies and finally I was called for an interview. She then told me that they are not the one who will hire but they will just recommend it to the hiring personnel. Well, fine!!! I called the hiring personnel but she then told me to wait for a call. Since that I did not hear from them. The problem is I have no state certificate yet and they need somebody who has a license or certified to teach. So then, I applied the vacancy that don't need a license. I receive an email telling me to submit my resume. After submitting my resume, I did not hear from them and as I check the vacancy again it was filled up. I am just wondering why they will not hire me? I applied to the position in line with my degree and what is the problem? Is it because I am not an American? Well, I then realized that I need to have a state certification to qualify for the job. I can take the certification anytime I want but still I am in the valley of decision whether I will do the teaching job or look for another type of job in which I will not be dealing with behavior problems, communication problems,etc. I was so frustrated because I want to have something to do in order to earn. But then I never give up. I look something online because many people said you can make money online. I search and search and I finally found some earning sites online which I will share with you on my next topic... hang on..

No comments: