Thursday, January 22, 2009

Finding new Friends

Finding new friend is not that easy when you have no access to go anywhere. My only exposure is when I go to church and when I go to the super marker for grocery shopping. All the rest of my time is at home. I am confined in the 4 walls of our house. since I can not drive, I have no other option to be with people and make new friends except by using the phone. Well, I called my friends who are also a stay at home wife like me and ask them if they knew other Filipinos near me. Of course I am comfortable with people who have the same culture with me because we can easily relate to each other. I'm glad she did introduce me to other Filipinos she knows and I started to be alive. When I felt lonely I just dialed the phone and talk to them for an hour or 2. I'm so glad that one of them live close to my house and she can drive. hahaha.. then she will pick me up sometimes and we will go out to the malls and other thrift stores we Filipinos are fond of. The most exciting one is when we cook Filipino food in their house and eat as much as we can. It is a different thing when your friends are in the same culture. We are helping each other and sharing our bits of advice on how to survive in the foreign land.

No comments: